Hallam LGBT+ Staff Network provides a forum for staff who identify as LGBT+ to get together, and also advises the University on policies affecting LGBT+ staff. Events are organised throughout the year, particularly for LGBT History Month and IDAHOBIT (International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia). Every year in June the University sponsors Sheffield Pride, and staff and students attend this celebratory event.
Terms of Reference
1. To create a network group that is active, visible, celebratory & “out”.
2. To provide “out” role models to students, employees & prospective students.
3. To advise & provide consultation with the Equality & Diversity team, Equality & Diversity committee, HR & other senior policy writers on LGBT+ matters.
4. To form a partnership with Sheffield Hallam student union LGBT+ group.
5. To produce regular information for members & supporters using a range of communications.
6. To publicise widely the activities in which the group is already involved.
7. Work with the wider community.
Mode of Operation
1. The group will hold monthly meetings.
2. Provide a safe & supportive environment for all LGBT+ staff.
3. Organise social & campaign events to encourage participation & raise awareness of LGBT+ matters
4. Work with partnership groups in Sheffield & student group Hallam LGBT+ Liberation Group.
5. Provide a spokesperson to attend the Equality & Diversity committee to advise on processes & systems for supporting LGBT+ staff, students & external parties, present reports when required & to drive the Equality & Diversity agenda forward.
The group welcomes support for its activities, from all members of staff. For more information about joining the network please email email@example.com
Luke Allan and Melissa Hubbard
Activity & Wellness Officers
Holly Bell and Liz Anyon
Community Engagement Officer
The group will be open to all staff of Sheffield Hallam University who self-define as minority gender and or sexual identity.
This section is currently being updated.