This area explores opportunities for enhancing your practice by thinking about your use of learning spaces. It includes briefings on,
- Teaching approaches – Critiquing
- Teaching approaches – Debating
- Teaching approaches – Problem-based Learning
- Teaching approaches – Reflection
- Teaching approaches – Role Play
- Teaching approaches – Teacher-directed learning
- Teaching approaches – Whiteboarding
There also briefings on,
- The flexible classroom – how you can reconfigure the classrooms you use
- SCALE UP – established as a form of large group teaching, SCALE UP rooms support student-centred active learning incorporating problem-based and flipped learning
- Active lectures and large group teaching – how staff are using large group teaching approaches, including lecturing (this links to the Learner Engagement toolkit)
- PC Labs – how staff and students are using PC Labs
The briefings answer,
- What is it?
- Why should I use it?
- How can I use it?
- Where can I find further information?
If you have experience in these areas or you want to know more about these topics and others, please contact us.