A series of pages on Teaching in Active Learning Classrooms has been developed for the site based on workshop materials we have developed to support the shift from ‘traditional’ teacher-centred approaches to student-centred methods.
In this series, you will find information on,
- Good active teaching – preparing, running and managing the active learning classroom
- Common challenges when teaching in an Active Learning Classroom – and how to address them
- Motivating students to participate as active learners
- Designing problem-based activities
- Engaging students in pre-class activities for ‘flipped learning’
- Using defined student roles in group activities
- How do students learn ‘content’ in the Active Learning Classroom?
If you have experience to share or questions you would like answered please do email the Teaching Essentials team.