Key discussion points and outcomes
Leon Etherington gave a Technology Roadmap update presentation to the Board highlighting the change of approach around implementing new technology.
The new approach is to implement technology initiatives at a rapid pace but with basic functionality that can evolve over time. The Board were asked to support in helping manage stakeholder expectations that all required technology and associated functionality will be by phased implementation rather than ‘big bang’.
The Board noted the balance between strategic change and business change. The Board acknowledged that new initiatives will continue to be raised in order to meet our strategic objectives and that the University portfolio of change may need to be reviewed and strategic deicions made on prioritisation and sequencing.
The need for culture and process change to ensure successful delivery of any new technology systems is critical.
Business Readiness: Enterprise and Innovation ESIF VIAN Bid
The Board received a paper presented by Conor Moss and Tim Strickland. The initiative has 3 main aims:
- reach more students for startups
- regional networking to support business growth
- attracting non-traditional FE applicants
The Board gave their support to proceed with the bid.
Business Readiness: Aspect Court and Cantor refurbishments for Degree Apprenticeships business case
This recently published press release provides further information relating to this initiative.
- Apologies for absence
- Action Record of the meeting 16 January 2018
- Applications roadmap
- Performance report
- LEP engagement plan (removed from agenda and carried forward to next meeting)
- Business Readiness: Enterprise and Innovation ESIF VIAN Bid
- Business Readiness: Aspect Court and Cantor refurbishments for Degree Apprenticeships business case
- Global engagement progress update
- Future agenda planning
Chris Husbands, Helen Best, Clare Boot, Justin Cole, Roger Eccleston, Kevin Kerrigan, Conor Moss, Nicola Rawlins, Jacqui Robinson, Lloyd Snellgrove, Simon Taylor, Samantha Twiselton, Philip Wain, Chris Wigginton and Rachel Parnham – Interim Secretary.