What is Venture Matrix?
Venture Matrix is an award-winning* scheme which develops students employability and enterprise skills as part of their degree.
The scheme enables students to work on real-life projects individually or as part of a team, providing valuable work experience in a safe and secure environment.
Opportunities are available to work with:
- external organisations and clients
- local primary and secondary schools
- staff or groups within the University
- other Venture Matrix students to help with their projects
Organisations, schools and University staff can benefit from accessing specialist skills, knowledge and insight.
Benefits for Academic Staff
The Venture Matrix scheme embeds employability into your course. Students work on real live projects tailored to your subject area putting academic theory into practice.
Your students also:
- have more staff contact time as the Venture Matrix team support them with their projects
- have the chance to meet, and potentially work with, students from other courses – across different levels and faculties
The scheme has processes in place to manage all live projects, such as a legal contracts, Criminal Record Bureau checks where required, and risk assessments.
Benefits for Support Staff
By offering a project to Venture Matrix students you can:
- gain a crucial student voice within your department or activities
- enhance the student experience by putting students at the heart of the system
- provide additional resources to deliver your services
- develop students’ crucial employability skills
- promote your services on campus