How do I borrow equipment?

As long as you have your student or staff card we can lend equipment out to you.

How long can I borrow equipment for?

The period of the loan will depend on the equipment. Please stick to these loan times, others students or members of staff may wish to borrow these items. Some of our loan equipment is also used for teaching and may need to be returned earlier than the stated loan period. For example,
Sphygmomanometer and stethoscopes – 1 day
Individual bones – 1 day
Dictaphones – 1 week
Headphones (with or without microphone) – 1 week
Upper limb and Lower limb bags (Physiotherapy) –  1 full semester
Pelvis and baby – 1 day

Where do I collect my new uniform from?

Once you are informed that your uniform is here please come to Technical Resources (F306) and collect it as soon as possible, normally 3 days. This allows us time to exchange anything that doesn’t fit you.
If you find out that it doesn’t fit please come back to the office as soon as possible, with your uniform. We will have you complete a form with your contact information, what you ordered and the size you now require. Once the replacement uniform has arrived we will email you to collect from  Technical Resources (F306).

How do I buy extra or replacement uniforms?

Go to Uniform Information page.

What do I do if I need maternity uniform?

Go to Uniform Information page.

Do you exchange uniforms?

We will only exchange new uniforms that are still packaged and have not been worn. But we can only do this if we have the size you require. We do not hold a stock as such. If your uniform is worn or damaged you would need to purchase new uniform.

How do I book the X-ray suite?

The X-ray suite in the Robert Winston Building contains a fully functioning diagnostic x-ray machine. Access and use of this controlled area is restricted to approved persons and those accompanied by an approved person (See note below). Local rules for work with ionising radiation will be strictly enforced as required by the Ionising Radiation Regulations 1999, part IV (Regulations 16, 17 and 18). Access to this area is on the understanding that local rules, situated in the room, will be read and followed at all times. Students wishing to use this room for practice or research may do so providing the requirements for approval and supervision can be met. Undergraduate students will require supervision at all times.
Contact Specialist Technical Officer Russell Mather on 0114 225 5559 or contact us, or speak to an appropriate member of academic staff.
Access to controlled areas is restricted to
Approved persons (as identified in local rules) who enter or remain in the area under a written system of work. To be approved a person must demonstrate a level of training in radiation protection equivalent to that required under the Ionising Radiation (Medical Exposure) Regulations 2000 (IR(ME)R 2000).
Those accompanied and supervised by an approved person.

Can I book a room to practice?

Physiotherapy students can book out room F201 to practice. Just pop into Technical Resources (F306)  we can book this for you if it is free.
Paramedics have a room available in Woodville, you can book this by contacting us.
Look out for Self-directed skills study sessions on our site
For other courses please discuss this with your tutor or contact us to arrange group bookings.

Where do I collect my placement cards from?

You can collect your student placement cards from  Technical Resources (F306). We will send you an email to let you know when your placement card is available for collection. Once you receive your email please pop in and collect your card and card holder.

What do I do if I have lost my placement card and need another?

You will need to pop into Technical Resources (F306) and complete a placement ID replacement form. If you have lost your card you will also have to pay a fee of £1 to replace it. Once you have completed the form and it has been signed by one of the technical staff,  you can collect your replacement card from Heart of the Campus.

What if my name is incorrect on my placement card?

You will need to have this changed on the SI system first, please contact Rachel Woodcock on ext 5856 (0114 225 5856). Once Rachel has confirmed the change you will be able to order another placement card, as above.

Can we pick up flip-chart  paper and pens from Technical Resources (F306)?

Flip-charts are now held in the mailroom behind the RWB  reception, you can also pick up pens up from the RWB  reception area.

I am having problems with AV equipment in a teaching room

It is possible we can assist you, however, problems should normally be addressed through IT on (ext. 3333) if they cannot assist over the phone they will usually send someone to over to your teaching room .

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.