Undergraduate Research Network
Welcome to the Guild Group page for the Undergraduate Research Network at Sheffield Hallam University. Here you’ll find links to our upcoming events and information on our group aims and objectives. If you would like to find out more about the Group or to get involved in our upcoming events, please use the links at the bottom of this page to get in touch.
Undergraduate students are warmly invited to register their interest in participating in our Undergraduate Research Poster Showcase. We are offering a series of expert workshops on developing effective posters and communicating research, and will cover the printing costs for all students who present in the final showcase. To find out more and to register your interest, click the yellow banner above.
If you are a member of staff and know of any students who would be interested in taking part in the showcase, please contact us via email and we can forward on details of the event.
Purpose of the proposed group
- To build a community of staff and students with a passion for undergraduate research.
- To share best practice, foster collaborative working and develop new and challenging opportunities for applied learning through research.
- To develop and establish new opportunities for undergraduate student-led research that expand existing examples of creativity and excellence in applied learning.
Objectives of the proposed group
- Build a network and forum for sharing best practice both within and beyond Sheffield Hallam University.
- Host a successful TeachMeet event with an invited speaker, short presentations from academics and networking sessions for delegates.
- Launch a university-wide undergraduate research journal.
- Develop a portfolio of case studies and digital stories of successful undergraduate research projects and modules at Sheffield Hallam.
- Create a student panel and working group, focusing on student insight and feedback on potential opportunities for undergraduate research
- Create two e-toolkits (one staff-facing, one student-facing) to support undergraduate research.
- Identify opportunities to build applied research into undergraduate curricula and modules.
- Host a conference to showcase undergraduate research at Sheffield Hallam and provide an opportunity for students to disseminate their research findings.
- Bid for funding to secure a pilot project for undergraduate research projects and attendance a national conference.
Group main contacts
Name: Dr Kirsty Hemsworth
Role: Learning Advisor
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Name: Mathew Hare
Email address: email@example.com