Undergraduate Research Network
Welcome to the Guild Group page for the Undergraduate Research Network at Sheffield Hallam University.
Our group’s aims
- To build a community of staff and students with a passion for undergraduate research.
- To share best practice, foster collaborative working and develop new and challenging opportunities for applied learning through research.
- To develop and establish new opportunities for undergraduate student-led research that expand existing examples of creativity and excellence in applied learning.
- Build a network and forum for sharing best practice both within and beyond Sheffield Hallam University.
- Host a successful TeachMeet event with an invited speaker, short presentations from academics and networking sessions for delegates.
- Launch a university-wide undergraduate research journal.
- Develop a portfolio of case studies and digital stories of successful undergraduate research projects and modules at Sheffield Hallam.
- Create a student panel and working group, focusing on student insight and feedback on potential opportunities for undergraduate research
- Create two e-toolkits (one staff-facing, one student-facing) to support undergraduate research.
- Identify opportunities to build applied research into undergraduate curricula and modules.
- Host a conference to showcase undergraduate research at Sheffield Hallam and provide an opportunity for students to disseminate their research findings.
- Bid for funding to secure a pilot project for undergraduate research projects and attendance a national conference.
Dr Kirsty Hemsworth, Academic Skills Adviser, Library Services
k [dot] hemsworth [at] shu [dot] ac [dot] uk
Mathew Hare, Academic Skills Adviser, Library Services
m [dot] hare [at] shu [dot] ac [dot] uk