Community of Enhancement
Purpose of the proposed group
Communities of Enhancement are designed to deliver the following outcomes:
- Encourage and provide opportunities for networking, showcasing, and discussion of lessons learned from experience as a key feature.
- Clarity of the CoE offer by refreshed promotion in relation to their purpose, scope, and anticipated benefits of participation.
- CoEs driven by the interests of staff and students’; creating a sense of empowerment and autonomy amongst those who are more familiar with a ‘top-down’ approach to initiating change.
- HWB Learning Enhancement Team to act as enablers to support CoEs.
- Increased emphasis on improvement and clearly aligned to strategic priorities.
- A clear method of implementation which embodies support for communities.
- Endorsement and promotion from Faculty leadership to ensure participation amongst staff of all grades and all roles.
- Inter-departmental communication strategy to showcase innovation and excellence within, and externally to the University.
Objectives of the proposed group
- To explore the components of a distinctive and applied curriculum, student success, develop meaningful stakeholder partnerships, and strengthen graduate futures.
- Identify and recommend best practice, and promote consistently excellent practice.
- Form an inclusive group of stakeholders;
- Agree terms of reference, targets and timescales;
- Produce materials to promote understanding of what enables student success;
- Identify best practice and enable colleagues to embed this.
Group main contacts