The Hallam Award is a personal development programme that helps you make the most of your time here at Hallam. The Award gives you recognition for the extra things you do outside of your course e.g. work, volunteering, student societies, course rep, sports, caring responsibilities, other interests.
Why It Matters
Extra-curricular activities are more important than you think. They can help you to develop new skills (we call them Graduate Attributes), build your experience, and feel connected to a wider community.
- Appreciate Your Experiences: The Hallam Award gives you a way to collect and make sense of your extra-curricular experiences. It makes you more aware of how you’re developing, more aware of how you want to grow, and how to go about it.
- Start a Life-Wide Habit: Most importantly, it encourages you to get into a life-wide habit of managing your own development.
- Showcase Your Achievements: Whatever you do while you’re here, the Hallam Award will help you showcase your achievements. You gain a certificate for every level you achieve.
- More than a Certificate: The Award is much more than the certificates you’ll receive – the most important part is that it will support you to articulate your experiences in a such a way that will make you stand out to future employers.
- Seek out new experiences: Say yes to things, as you never know where they’ll lead.
- Have fun.