Meet the team – Beth

by Michael.

As promised, we’ll be lifting the lid on Graduation over the next couple of months, so to kick us off, meet Beth:

About Me

Hello! My name is Beth and I’m the Graduate Intern for Graduation and Corporate Events at Sheffield Hallam University.

I studied Events Management at Hallam and graduated last year in 2016. After I had finished my final year, I decided that I wanted to have a year out and so I saved up and went to Asia and Australia for a few months.

When I came back, I noticed that one of my old tutors had shared a link to a SHU Graduate Internship on LinkedIn. Scrolling through the list of internships, I spotted one in the Events Team and applied straight away.

I got the job and have been here for around 2 months now. As well as answering queries about Graduation and giving the rest of the team a helping hand, I ran my first event last week which was really exciting and I will be doing a few more in the coming months!

My Graduation Experience

I’m really excited to work on Graduation as I had such a great time at mine. Here are a few things that I liked the most:

1. Although I wasn’t sure at first, I think my favourite thing about it was that it is in November. It was so nice to be reunited with all my course mates a few months after we had finished, as we had loads to catch up on.

2. I didn’t realise quite how grand and traditional the ceremony was, I wasn’t expecting it and I was shocked when I walked in. Because of this it made it feel even more important than I had imagined it would feel and you felt a real sense of achievement when in the City Hall.

3. Apart from the ceremony itself, there is a real buzz around Sheffield City Centre. The restaurants and bars are full of graduating student, so it’s a really good atmosphere to get involved in after your ceremony.

So…

I’ll be working in the Corporate and Graduation Events Team for the next year, so I will probably see you around at Graduation in November, but if you need anything graduation-related in the meantime – you know where I’ll be!