In this week’s edition…
- This edition features a great choice of events and activities for you to get involved with so check out our events calendar and book your place.
- If you want to improve your English and get to know British culture and Sheffield better, join Global Friends, a social initiative which helps you meet British students.
- There’s only 2 weeks left till SHU Fest! Download the events programme and remember to tweet your pictures #SHUFest
- Create a blog about your global experience and you could win an iPad mini.
- Careers and recruitment fairs are a great way to make a good first impression and network with potential employers. Find out the best ways to do this at the Prepare for the Fair workshop this week.
- Next week is Student Volunteering Week. Get involved and boost your CV!
- If you are interested in working full-time in the UK after you graduate, then Working in the UK after studies sessions provide information about Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 5 visa routes.
- Apply for one of 30 fully funded PhD scholarships for three years of full-time study normally commencing in September/October 2015.
- It’s University Mental Health and Wellbeing Day on Wednesday 18 February. Find out what support is available within the university and outside.
- Learn some useful skills to help you manage your finances with Blackbullion, an online resource. Join before Friday 20 February for a chance to win a tablet.
- The Home Office has published information on the proposed visa fee increases from April 2015. Read about them here to find out if this affects you.
- Is your visa due to expire soon? If so, you must attend a group session.