Training and Development
This resource is maintained by the Academic Development & Diversity Team. If you’d like to become a stakeholder and contribute to this resource, have a suggestion for content or just want to offer feedback, please let us know!
External Examining training and development
- Do you want to add value to your CV?
- Are you looking for evidence against the Academic Careers Framework?
- Do you want to develop your external profile?
If yes, becoming an External Examiner (EE) can support all of these objectives.
Our interactive workshops are designed for staff who have not undertaken EE before and would like to find out more. The workshops will cover:
- What institutions will be looking for in the appointment of EEs
- How to find out about EE opportunities and the application process
- Insider views of the EE role in practice
- How to maximise your contribution as an EE
The workshop will include:
- Inputs from experienced EEs at SHU
- An institutional perspective from Academic Quality and Standards.
- An opportunity to receive peer feedback on your profile in relation to a typical call for an EE
- An opportunity to participate in a mock assessment board
There are pre-workshop activities to undertake, for more information about our requirements, please visit our resources section.
To see a whole range of development opportunities, please visit the Academic Development and Events page.
|Last updated: 17th November 2021 NB|