|This resource is maintained by the Academic Development & Diversity Team. If you’d like to become a stakeholder and contribute to this resource, have a suggestion for content or just want to offer feedback, please let us know!|
Are you interested in becoming an External Examiner?
- Do you want to add value to your CV?
- Are you looking for evidence against the Academic Careers Framework?
- Do you want to develop your external profile?
If yes, becoming an External Examiner (EE) can support all of these objectives. Our interactive workshops are designed for staff who have not done External Examining before and would like to find out more. The workshops will cover:
- What institutions will be looking for in the appointment of EEs.
- How to find out about EE opportunities and the application process.
- Insider views of the EE role in practice.
- How to maximise your contribution as an EE.
- Will include inputs from experienced EEs at Hallam, and an institutional perspective from Academic Quality and Standards.
- You will have the opportunity to receive peer feedback on your profile in relation to a typical call for an EE.
- You will also participate in a mock assessment board.
|Last updated: 26th May 2021 NB|