Having read the Transformative Learning briefing you may like to think about some of the following questions:
- The word transformation – what images come to mind?
- Transformational learning – what images come to mind?
- What do the above terms mean for your subject discipline?
- What do the above terms mean for your students?
- Is TL universally positive or are there possible downsides that need to be considered?
- What might the terms mean for staff?
- Can you share any examples of transformational and/or transformative learning?
- What experience do you have of transformation or transformational learning?
- What are the opportunities for TL at SHU?
- What are the barriers and constraints to TL at SHU and how can these be overcome?
- What are the implications for adult education practice?
Thanks to Chris Cutforth from Sport for developing this question set.
This page is part of the Transformative Learning Toolkit in the Learner Engagement Teaching Essentials site