I learnt so much in one day!

Sherelle Corbridge, a second year Law student, recently attended an Experience Day at Magic Circle law firm, Clifford Chance.  This is her account of the day:

I am truly grateful and honoured to have been part of Clifford Chance for the day. I had the most incredible day, and it was definitely one of the best experiences I have had. The skills and experience I have come away with are invaluable!

The day started at 9.30am with a Graduate Recruitment Session; this involved a workshop exploring the competencies of Clifford Chance and how we could demonstrate each competency through experiences we already have. This session also introduced us to the application process, assessment days, and interview stages. It was very informative and thorough!

Next, was the Litigation Case Study workshop.  We were split into groups acting as commercial litigation lawyers and negotiating on behalf of our simulated client.

We then proceeded on to the Office Tours, the building is absolutely breath-taking and the facilities Clifford Chance have to offer are exceptional. Later, we had the great opportunity to network over lunch with current trainees and the Graduate Recruitment team – this was my chance to show all my efforts in terms of research and ask questions. I also managed to see a trainee I had spoken to at the Law Fair!

Canary_Wharf_Wide_View_2,_London_-_July_2009

Clifford Chance offices are at Canary Wharf, London

Finally, the day closed with a three hour workshop run by Mr. Luan De Burgh who is an absolute inspiration! The presentation/workshop was based on ‘Impact & Presence’ and the skills I gathered from this session are endless. This was extremely beneficial and potentially the most enjoyable session of the day! He is very, very talented and opened my eyes to what seemed simple, basic skills.

I did not think it was possible to learn so much in one day!

For more information about Clifford Chance open dayshttp://www.cliffordchancegraduates.com/work-experience/open-days/