Airbus came to Sheffield Hallam last week, to talk to students about their placement and graduate scheme opportunities. The two sessions in the Careers and Employability Centre were very popular, with standing-room only.
Here are five top tips from the Airbus team for anyone interested in applying to them:
- One of the most important things you can do is display a positive attitude – show your enthusiasm for the company and the role you are applying for
- Research! – they will expect you to display knowledge of Airbus products, and of their business
- The company is an international organisation, with staff from many different countries, and lots of opportunities to travel. They are looking for candidates who will thrive in this environment, and who will be able to work with and learn from people from other cultures
- Your CV is likely to be assessed by an international team – make sure that it doesn’t contain jargon or abbreviations
- If you have a LinkedIn profile, Airbus recruiters will look at it. Make sure it is up-to-date, and contains strong examples of your skills and abilities
If you would like support with any of these points, call in to the Careers and Employability Centre, or have a look at our advice on https://careerscentral.shu.ac.uk/