To be considered for the Exchange/Erasmus programme at the Faculty of Development and Society you need to:
1. Be nominated by your home university. We cannot consider applications from any student who has not been nominated.
2. You must:
- Review the Key Dates webpage to ensure your application is within the deadline.
- Read the module information to ensure that one of the Departments within the Faculty of Development and Society offers the modules/courses you require.
- Familiarise yourself with how you will be assessed.
- Ensure that you have the required English proficiency. All classes at Sheffield Hallam University are delivered in English. Exchange students are expected to have a good level of proficiency in both spoken and written English
- Check whether you will need a visa to study in the UK. Please ensure your nationality is recorded on your application form so that we can advise you of the correct visa application process.
- Be aware that as per the Erasmus Charter, ‘students must spend the full study period as agreed at the host university, including undergoing the relevant examinations or other forms of assessment, and respect its rules and regulations’.
3. Follow the application procedure as detailed below:
- Complete the application form for exchange students and get it signed by an authorised representative from your university. Please ensure that forms are typed and not handwritten. We reserve the right to return handwritten forms and request that they are re-submitted typed.
- Attach a transcript of records which details all your university results prior to applying for study abroad. Your application will not be considered without this transcript.
- Complete the Learning Agreement for exchange students based on modules chosen from the current module information and get it signed by an authorised representative from your home university. Please note that you must detail both first and second choice modules and that your study programme will only be finalised when you enroll
- If English is not your first language then you will need to have gained a recognised UKVI English Language Qualification to be at least a minimum of B2 or equivalent. Please attach evidence of this with your application form, transcript and Learning Agreement.
4. Send all THREE (FOUR if proof of English Language is needed) documents by email to the appropriate department no later than the deadline.
|Department that your module selection belongs to:||Subject Area||Email address for Applications|
|Humanities||History | Creative Writing | TV & Film | English Language | English Literatureemail@example.com|
|Criminology and Community Justice||Justice Criminal Justice | Criminology | Community Justicefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Natural and built environment||Environment | Geography | Built Environment | Real Estate | Architecture | Planningemail@example.com|
|Psychology, Sociology and Politics||Psychology | Sociology | Politics | Applied Social Sciences | International Relationsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Education, Childhood and Inclusion||Education | Education Studiesemail@example.com|
|Teacher Education||Teacher Education | Teacher Training | Primary Education | Secondary Educationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Once your application has been processed, you will receive further information on commencing your studies at Sheffield Hallam University. We will send you an email if we are able to accept you on an Erasmus or International exchange. Please ensure that you read this email carefully, before signing and returning the last page of the acceptance of offer form to us. This is an important step as it confirms to us that you are accepting your place, agree to our terms and conditions and that you will abide by our Student Charter.