Each RDF descriptor listed below has a link to the Vitae website where you can find further information including suggestions for how you can improve in each area.
Related links have been provided to online courses and additional guidance that you can access via the University.
A1 Knowledge base
- Subject knowledge
- Research methods: theoretical knowledge
- Research methods: practical application
- Information seeking
- Information literacy and management
- Academic literacy and numeracy
- Epigeum courses: Research Methods, Second Edition (undertaking a literature review, principles of research methods, research methods in practice)
- Epigeum courses: Statistical Methods for Research
- SAGE Research Methods
- Research methods page on the Doctoral School blog
- Library Research Support pages: Literature searching, Reference management, Keeping up to date, Data
- Academic English for your Doctorate;
- Critical writing
A2 Cognitive abilities
The Vitae Researcher Development Framework (RDF) was developed by Vitae, which is managed by CRAC: The Career Development Organisation.
Vitae, © 2010 Careers Research and Advisory Centre (CRAC) Limited. Find out more about the Vitae RDF