NEW! Hallam Welcome 2019
Planning for Hallam Welcome is now in full swing with colleagues from across the University making final preparations to welcome new students to the University.
- All departments have put their UG welcome and induction schedules onto MyHallam.
- New students have been directed here to access information about where to come on their first day and what is happening on their first week at Hallam.
- There are a number of fairs taking place at City Campus during welcome week and the following week at Collegiate Crescent.
- Students Union have a schedule of events that is bigger and better than ever before. There are lots of opportunities for new starters to make friends and get to know the city, so I would encourage you to familiarise yourselves with the activities planned so you can raise awareness with your students.
- As part of the agreed Hallam Welcome Framework you should have included a Welcome session for all new students.
- Most new students will attend a Student Support Advisor Welfare Session. This has been designed to introduce students to the Welfare and Support services, provide information about the role of the Academic Advisor and introduce the Employment Advisor and their services.
Please take a look at our Hallam Welcome Induction summary, created by Claire Parkin, Thematic Lead on Hallam Welcome which provides an overview on the following areas:
- New Students
- Health and Safety
- Student’s Union
- Medical Centre
- Student Support Advisor and Welfare Sessions
- Course Guides
- Assessment Information
- Returning Students
The University will be gathering feedback from students via the Welcome Survey but if you have any specific feedback on your experience as a Course Leader or any of the events taking please provide feedback to our Key Contacts.