The Future of Language Learning within the UK Higher Education: Opportunities and Challenges
The 19th AULC Annual Conference
The AULC Conference 2018 will be hosted by Sheffield Hallam University in Sheffield on Monday 8th and Tuesday 9th of January 2018. The call for papers is now open.
The current context of language learning and teaching in UK Higher Education presents some significant challenges such as language education post-Brexit as well as opportunities such as making the most of technological innovations and developing global graduates.
The theme of the conference is ‘The Future of Language Learning in Higher Education in the UK and beyond: Opportunities and Challenges’
The sub-themes will include the following:
- Challenges of integration between the specialist and non-specialist language learning
- The role of the Language Centre in promoting language learning
- The role of languages in the UK HE post-Brexit
- Modern technology in the language classroom
- The Global Graduate – languages and employability
- The role of study and work placements
- Peer-to peer learning
Please send your abstracts (250 words maximum) to: AULC-Conference2018@shu.ac.uk
Any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
CFPs closing date: midnight on Friday 10th November 2017.
The conference aims to provide an opportunity to consider these themes and to share expertise and ideas. The AULC AGM will take place during the conference, on the Thursday morning. This is an opportunity for all AULC members to shape the Association which represents us. Registration details for the conference will follow soon.