The University recently announced changes to its Equipment Policy to facilitate mobile and flexible working, and support the move to online management of assessment in the University.
In addition to the roll out of laptops (as required), it was agreed that a central loan service would be developed to provide academic staff with temporary access to mobile equipment during assessment periods.
We are pleased to confirm that an iPad loan service is now available to all academic teaching staff.
Please note the following guidance for accessing this service:
- Requests can be submitted to Digital Technology Services (DTS) by using the iPad loan request form
- The loan equipment is provided specifically to support the delivery of online management of assessment
- The loan period will align with the period of marking and feedback within each semester – a maximum period of 16 weeks within a semester, after which the equipment will need to be returned to DTS
- Please allow a minimum of 5 working days for processing (between submitting a request and collection)
- Once a request has been approved by DTS, a confirmation email will be sent including a date and location for collection