You can edit recordings which have been done on Screencast-o-matic. There are many features which can help improve your videos. A guide on how to record and publish your screencasts can be found here.
How to Access
- Go to https://screencast-o-matic.com/shuscreencast
- Click on Browse Recordings and Launch Application.
- Click on the recording you would like to edit.
- Click Edit.
- You can rename the screencast by clicking on the name.
- You can resize the video under the canvas selection or by dragging the frame to fit. You can also crop the video to fit.
- Under audio you can select whether you want audio to be included or not.
- Select whether you would like your webcam / cursor to be included.
- Cut – Used to cut areas from the video.
- Hide – Hide the cursor / webcam from areas of video.
- Insert – Insert new or existing recordings. You can also add pauses.
- Narrate – Select areas of video to add narration too.
- Overlay – Add images, arrows, text and highlight areas.
- Replace – Replace sections of video or freeze frames.
- Speed – Speed up or slow down the recording speed.
- Transition – Add transitions into the video.
How to Edit
- Move the line across the timeline to the area you want to change
- Select the tool you want to use.
- Drag the line across the area you want to affect.
- Some tools have other options that you can select which appear in a separate menu
- You can preview the changes before you press Ok.
Once completed click Done to return to the recording screen.