It has been decided that the ACES faculty will approach assessment in the following way:
The Blackboard submission point is required for online submission. Turnitin is used as an originality checker only and marks/feedback should be given through the Blackboard submission point.
- Submission points should be left open 5 calendar weeks (25 working days) after the deadline.
- Students can make up to 2 attempts by the deadline and the last submission to Blackboard is the one that is marked.
- The deadline should be between 9:30 and 15:30.
Allowing additional attempts will be the Helpdesk’s responsibility.
- Turnitin assignments should be set to allow ‘Multiple Attempts’.
- Turnitin submissions should be left open. This will align to the way ACES are managing the Blackboard submission point.
- Again, the deadline should be between 9:30 and 15:30.
Managing Turnitin is the Module Leader’s responsibility.
Setting up a column for offline submission:
- You can still provide feedback online for offline submissions, by manually creating a new column in your Grade Centre. You can attach grades and feedback through this column, and your student can access this through My Grades as usual.
**Make sure to hide your columns in Grade Centre until you are ready to release the grades all at once.