To assist with the current phase of the Assessment Journey Programme, the ACES TEL team will be hosting a variety of support sessions to help staff with the transition to assessing, marking and providing feedback online. These sessions aim to provide guidance around the use of Blackboard and other marking technologies.
There are 4 main sessions which will run over the course of this academic year and into the summer period, these are listed below:
Setting up online submission in Blackboard
- Creating a submission point
- Interacting with smart views
- Attaching Grading Schemas and Rubrics to the submission point
Providing marks and feedback in Grade Centre
- Navigating the Grade Centre
- Setting up columns / weighted total columns
- How to access student submissions
- Marking using Crocodoc / attaching feedback
Overview of marking technologies – what’s possible?
- Overview of different types of technology
- Audio Recognition
- Grading Schema
- Audio Feedback
- Video Feedback
Turnitin for automated originality checking
- Creating a Turnitin Submission point
- Accessing originality reports
- Understanding originality reports
- Benefits of Turnitin
To book yourself onto a training session please follow the link below and select which sessions you would like to attend. Outlook meeting requests will be sent out nearer the time to those who wish to attend.