Sources of Funding
There are numerous sources of external funding for your research, which vary from commercial organisations to Research Councils or the EU Commission – the most appropriate source depends on your area of research.
Registering for funding alerts is a good way of being notified directly about opportunities as they arise. You can set alerts up at the start to be tailored to your areas of interest, making the information you receive more relevant to you. Research Professional is the service SHU subscribes to.
Funders websites – the following are particularly relevant to C3RI and MERI and have funded our past or current projects:
- Action Medical
- Arts & Humanities Research Council
- British Academy
- British Council
- Economic & Social Research Council
- Engineering & Physical Sciences Research Council
- EU Horizon 2020
- Innovate UK (former TSB)
- Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- e Trust
- R (National Institute for Health Research)
- Royal Academy of Engineering
- Royal Society
- plus see here for more funders
- Solar Capture Technologies Ltd
- Textile Innovation
- Unilever R&D
- NESTA (National Endowment for Science, Technology & the Arts)
SHU Research & Innovation Office intranet pages contain lots of useful information on sources of funding.
If you are thinking of submitting a proposal, contact: