SHU Scientist receives prestigious EPS Plasma Innovation Prize

Congratulations to Professor Arutiun P Ehiasarian – Head of National HIPIMS Technology Centre, part of the Materials and Engineering Research Institute (MERI), who has been awarded:

The European Physical Society Plasma Physics Innovation Prize “for the use of plasma physics in technology and engineering, through seminal contributions to the science and industrial applications of High Power Impulse Magnetron Sputtering for substrate pre-treatment and deposition of coatings and thin films”

The prize was established in 2008 by the EPS Plasma Physics Division to acknowledge and promote the many benefits to society that derive from plasma physics research, such as applications in medicine, waste management, material processing or other areas of societal, industrial or technological applications.

The award will be made on 2nd July 2018 during the opening ceremony of the 45th EPS Annual Conference on Plasma Physics in Prague.

“This prize means a lot to me as it links two topics that I feel most passionate about – plasmas and commercial applications.   I would like to thank you for your support during my research career here at Hallam, which made all this possible.” – Professor Ehiasarian