Here we present information on who you can contact regarding academic advising in your College / Department along with ways in which we communicate to the academic advising community.
Academic Adviser allocations
Hallam students have an Academic Adviser allocated to them at the beginning of Semester 1/2 and will have contact with them at least 3 times per academic year to discuss;
- Academic Progression Development;
- Personal Development;
- Professional Development.
Who are our Academic Advisers?
Academic Advisers are members of the teaching team within the Colleges and Departments. Each College / Department has an AA Lead and all the AA staff names are listed on the Academic Adviser staff list.
Responsibility for the Hallam Academic Advising Framework sits with:
- Neil McKay – Dean of Students – email@example.com – 0114 225 2760
- Melissa Jacobi – Academic Director (Academic Advising) – firstname.lastname@example.org – 0114 225 5676
How do we communicate with our AAs?
- New – What’s new for….March 2021 – communications to our academic advising community.
- Our Academic Advising Update – October 2020 was circulated to all AA Leads in each College / Department. Any queries please contact Melissa Jacobi.
- The Semester 1 – 2019/20 update was circulated to all AA Leads.
- We also use this website to create Blog Posts which are circulated to staff that have subscribed to the site.
- We also create a ‘What’s new for course leaders’ communication that is circulated to all College staff at the beginning of each month. This will also highlight any AA guidance and information.
- Visit our Academic Communications page for further details and how you can use this method to promote your own practice and information.
|If you have any queries about this page, please contact the Academic Development & Diversity Team. Last updated: 17th February 2021 – NB|